- Popular Regional Internet Plans
- All of the plans offered by Dodo
- An Aussie Broadband’s plans that feature a no-contract term
Residents in regional areas are not always limited to the slower speeds of an NBN service. Many broadband users in regional areas can now access internet plans which include those in the fast, super-fast, and ultra-fast speed tiers.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) such as Dodo, Aussie Broadband, and Telstra all offer fast speed NBN plans in regional areas.
Popular Regional Internet Plans
|Internet Provider||Internet Plans||Price|
|NBN Standard Plus (nbn50) Unlimited Dodo broadband plan||$60/month||See Dodo Internet Plans|
|NBN Unlimited Everyday nbn™ Aussie Broadband plan - Standard Plus Speed||$79/month||See Aussie Broadband Internet Plans|
|NBN Telstra Unlimited NBN Home Broadband Bundle||$80/month||See Telstra Internet Plans|
All of the plans offered by Dodo in regional areas include a home phone service with pay-as-you-go calls. The plans also come with a modem but you have to pay a one-time cost of $60 for it. Rest assured that all of the plans offered by Dodo feature a no-contract term as well as unlimited data.
- NBN 100 - nbn100 Unlimited Plan, $70 per month, typical evening speed: 92Mbps
- NBN 50 - nbn50 Unlimited Plan, $58 per month, typical evening speed: 50Mbps
- NBN 25 - nbn25 Unlimited Plan, $50 per month, typical evening speed: 25Mbps
Their NBN 100 plan can foster 4K streaming and video conferencing. It can even support multiple players gaming online. Their NBN 50 plan will already prove to be sufficient for HD video streaming, as well as working or studying from home. Rest assured that if you are only after SD video streaming, as well as email and web browsing, then an NBN 25 plan will already be sufficient.
With Aussie Broadband, you will get to enjoy the services of an all-Australian technical support team. Their customer service has over 3000 five-star ratings, which means that you will not be disappointed with them should you need to raise any concerns about your internet plan. All of their plans also come with a home phone service with pay-as-you-go calls, plus a bring your modem.
The great part is that Aussie Broadband’s plans also feature a no-contract term. Just keep in mind that for their super fast and ultra-fast connection, the NBN connection technology implemented in your regional area should be HFC or FTTP. Rest assured that you will still have other plans with a data cap to choose from in case this is what you are after.
- NBN 1000 - nbn™ Home Ultrafast Unlimited, $149 per month, typical evening speed: 600Mbps
- NBN 250 - nbn™ Home Superfast Unlimited, $129 per month, typical evening speed: 248Mbps
- NBN 100 - nbn™ Home Fast Unlimited, $99 per month, typical evening speed: 99Mbps
Aussie Broadband is not limited to offering NBN plans. Rather, they also give their potential subscribers to choose from OptiComm plans featuring a fibre connection and unlimited data.
Telstra’s offerings in regional communities range from standard speed to ultrafast speeds, all of which feature unlimited data and no contract term. There are still Telstra plans though that require a 24-month contract, in exchange, you will be able to get a free Telstra modem without having to pay anything extra. Like with Aussie Broadband though, their superfast and ultrafast NBN plans are only available if your area supports HFC or FTTP NBN connection technology.
- NBN 1000 - Ultrafast Speed + Unlimited Data, $180 per month, typical evening speed: 700Mbps
- NBN 250 - Superfast Speed + Unlimited Data, $140 per month, typical evening speed: 250Mbps
- NBN 100 - Premium Speed + Unlimited Data, $110 per month, typical evening speed: 100Mbps
- NBN 50 - Standard Plus Speed + Unlimited Data, $95 per month, typical evening speed: 50Mbps
- NBN 25 - Standard Speed + Unlimited Data, $80 per month, typical evening speed: 25Mbps
Telstra is one of the providers that still offer an internet plan leveraging the ADSL2+ technology. For this plan, you would have to pay $80 per month and you will already get to enjoy unlimited data as well as unlimited calls to local, national, and Australian mobile numbers. The best part is that when you sign up online, you won’t have to pay the usual $99 connection fee.