- What is Binge?
- Best Binge Plan for Watching Friends
- How to Set up and Watch on Binge
If you're watching the iconic 90s series on Stan, you might notice that it's no longer available there. The reason for that is because Friends moves into a new home.
Many streaming services want to include Friends in their library because even if this series is more than a few decades old, it's still getting a lot of attention. Friends can help in attracting and keeping subscribers.
That's why Binge, a Foxtel's streaming service, acquired the rights to show the ten seasons of Friends. You can watch Ross and Rachel's on and off relationship unfold in this new streaming service.
However, is subscribing to this streaming service worth the money? Can you really enjoy watching Friends on this platform? Well, let's find that out in this article about where to watch Friends online in Australia.
What is Binge?
Binge is Foxtel's product that will compete head-to-head with Netflix and Stan. Unlike those two, this streaming is more affordable. Subscribing to this streaming service would only cost around $10 to $18 per month.
To know more about it, here's a list of Binge plans that you can avail:
- Basic Subscription
- Subscribers can watch only on a single screen, and they are limited to SD quality.
- Deal: 14-day free trial
- Min cost $10 per month
- Standard Subscription
- Availing this plan lets you watch the world's best shows and movies on two screens at once in HD quality.
- Deal: 14-day free trial
- Min cost $14 per month
- Premium Subscription
- In premium subscription, the subscribers can enjoy the world's best shows and movies Ad-free and in HD quality. They can also watch different content on four screens at once.
- Deal: 14-day free trial
- Min cost $18 per month
Best Binge Plan for Watching Friends
If you would subscribe to Binge only to watch Friends, you can settle on the Standard plan. However, paying an additional $4 a month will be quite a steal. Doing this enables you to watch HBO originals in HD quality, and it also gives you access to over 10,000 hours of content. You'll get to watch shows from the following studios:
- NBC Universal,
- Warner Bros,
- Sony Pictures Television,
- Warner Media,
- Studio Canal,
- ITV, and
How to Set up and Watch on Binge
To watch Binge, you need a compatible device, a strong Internet connection, and a Binge account.
- Check your device - Binge has good device compatibility. It supports multiple devices like the following:
- iOS or Android smartphones and tablets
- Telstra TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV
Binge also supports a handful of smart TVs and gaming consoles.
If your device is compatible with Binge, you can then proceed in creating your account. But before that, it's best to check first the quality of your Internet connection.
- Get a better Pay TV deal - Subscribing to the standard Binge plan requires a bandwidth of at least 5 Mbps and a lot of data. Streaming videos in HD quality will consume about 800mb to 1.7GB per hour. So if you're planning to watch Friends, which has ten seasons, then you definitely need a fast Internet connection with large data allocation.
In case your current Internet package doesn't meet this requirement, try to upgrade your plan or switch to a different Pay TV provider.
- Sign up on Binge - Signing up on Binge is easy. First, visit its website and click sign up. After that, follow the on-screen instructions and enter your personal information to finish the signup process.
- Set up Binge on Devices - After the signup process, the next thing you need to do is set up Binge on your device.
If you're using a desktop or laptop, you only have to visit the Binge website to start watching Friends and other content. While if you are using handheld devices that run on either Android or iOS, just download the Binge app on Google Play or App Store. After downloading, open the app and sign in using your login credentials.
Watch Friends on Other Streaming Platforms
In case you don't want to subscribe to a new streaming service, you can still watch Friends online.
Since September 17, Friends is also available on traditional Foxtel and On Demand on Foxtel Now. You will have access to Friends and Fox Comedy with the Foxtel Plus pack for $49 per month. Availing Foxtel Plus pack will lock you on a 12-month contract with Foxtel proper.
If you're not using Foxtel, you can also watch Friends on Netflix and iTunes.
The complete series of Friends is available on iTunes. However, they sell it in two sets -- the first set includes season 1 to 5, and the other one contains the season 6 to 10.
Each set costs $29.99. Though the price seems a bit expensive, it prevents you from doing the lengthy process of signing up for a new streaming service. However, iTunes isn't available on Google Play. So if you're an Android user, you have no other option but to watch Friends on Binge or Netflix instead.
Just keep in mind that watching a series with ten seasons requires a lot of data. If you want to watch Friends without interruptions, call us at 1300 106 571. We could offer you the best NBN and Pay TV deals that will surely suit your budget.