Optus Internet Everyday NBN™ Bundle Plan
|Data amount per month||Unlimited Data|
|Total monthly cost||$79.00|
|Modem Delivery Fee:||$0.00|
|Contract length||Month to month|
|Costs First Year||$948.00|
Minimum total cost
- 50 Mbps typical evening speed
- Unlimited data included
- Ultra WiFi modem included
- Optus Sport
- OS Fitness
By accepting the benefits of this offer, the connection date for your phone will likely be longer than the maximum timeframe in the Customer Service Guarantee (CSG). Apart from this, any other rights you have under the CSG still apply. For more information, see Optus.com.au/yourCSG.
FAIR GO POLICY APPLIES. Available in selected premises.
Offer available to credit approved customers.
Fees, charges and cancellation
Start-up fee: There is no start-up fee when taking these plans.
Installation fees: Installation fees may apply if you request a technician for set up where a self-install option is available. If you are an Optus nbn™ customer, Optus may send you an Optus self-installation kit. Additional fees may apply for a first time nbn™ connection to dwellings in new developments or for any additional lines or non-standard installations.
Phone plans and calls: Calls are charged in one-minute increments. You must preselect Optus as both your local and long-distance carrier. “Unlimited” calls to standard national numbers exclude special numbers such as 13/1300 numbers, premium numbers (e.g. 1900 numbers), 1234, 12456 and calls to satellite numbers.
International call rates: Can be found at Optus.com.au/WorldSaver. Other rates are available at Optus.com.au/standardAgreements. Available to eligible residential customers who connect the services in the same name and address to the Optus broadband networks. You must pre-select Optus as both your local and long distance carrier.
Minimum term: For month to month plans or services, you must connect for a minimum of one month. Minimum term and charging commence when your service is operational (see also ‘Use of Optus supplied modem and nbn™ services’ below).
Minimum total cost: Minimum total cost for each month to month plan is calculated by adding the start-up fee, full device costs (if any) and one month of the applicable plan fee.
- For the Internet Plans: There are no plan cancellation fees because they are month to month. If you cancel:
. Any related Device Payment Plan will also be cancelled and you’ll need to pay out the full remaining cost of any device and any applicable device credits or discounts will be forfeited (see ‘Device Payment Plans’ for more information); and
. You’ll also need to pay all charges and fees, inclusive of charges outside of your plan inclusions (including for services, devices or accessories), incurred up to the end of the billing cycle in which the service was cancelled (unless otherwise specified).
- For Phone Plans:
- There are no cancellation fees for the month to month add-on Phone Lite and Phone Everyday 10 services.
- There is a cancellation fee of $200 for the standalone Phone Everyday 50 plan if you cancel before the 24-month term (which deceases over the 24-month term).
Device Payment Plans
You can acquire an eligible device on a device payment plan, in which (as applicable):
- Optus will cover the cost of the device as part of the plan while you remain connected for a specified term (we’ll let you know if this applies); or
- you can pay for a device over a term which we will allow you to select (i.e. ‘pay over time’ or POT) by monthly instalments, (each a Device Payment Plan or DPP).
You will need to remain on an eligible Optus plan for the term of your DPP. If you cancel your eligible plan or move to an ineligible plan before expiry of your DPP, your DPP will also be cancelled and you’ll need to pay out the remaining device payments in full. Any applicable device credits or discounts will be forfeited. This is subject to your Australian Consumer Law rights. Optus may limit the number of eligible devices per Optus plan.
Non-direct debit fee: A $2.20 fee will be charged each month if you choose not to pay your bill by direct debit. To set-up direct debit go to Optus.com.au/myaccount. For payments made by credit, debit, charge or prepaid cards, the non-direct debit fee will not apply, but payment processing fees may apply (see below).
Payment processing fee: If you pay by BPay savings or direct debit from a bank account or credit card, there are no processing fees. A processing fee applies to non-direct debit payments made by credit or charge card and/or if you pay at Australia Post. For details go to Optus.com.au/payments.
Paper invoice fee: A $2.20 paper invoice fee will be charged each month if you choose to receive a paper bill. For online billing or to request an email bill go to Optus.com.au/myaccount.
Important service and equipment information
Optus Email: Optus email addresses will be disconnected when moving from a plan that includes broadband to a phone only plan.
Serviceability: Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee connection until we successfully install your service.
Priority Assistance: We do not offer Priority Assistance. A provider who does is Telstra.
Equipment and battery back-up: Equipment supplied requires mains power, which may not be suitable if you have a serious illness or condition and require an uninterrupted telephone or data service. We do not support battery back-up functionality for nbn™ services and in most cases, nbn™ services will not function during a power failure.
Some equipment like back-to-base and medical alarms and other devices may not be compatible with the nbn™ or the 4G backup service and are not tested by us or supported on the Optus nbn™. You should contact your device supplier to find out if your device will work before connecting to the nbn™ network.
Accessibility: For information about products and services we offer for customers with different disabilities, please see: https://www.optus.com.au/about/inclusion-diversity/differing-abilities/disability-services
Use of Optus supplied modem and nbn™ services: Optus is required by law to confirm your nbn™ service is working. We may not be able to confirm this if you do not use the modem that Optus supplies you. If you use a modem not supplied by Optus, that is, your own modem, we won’t be able to confirm your voice service (if applicable) is working so it may not be operational and you will need to inform Optus of any issues with your nbn™ service before those issues will be rectified. To ensure your Optus Service is operating optimally, you should use the modem we provide to you. Billing will commence once we confirm your nbn™ broadband service is operational.
nbn™ FTTC and HFC: If you are:
- an Optus nbn™ FTTC customer and fail to plug in your nbn™ equipment within 30 working days,
- an Optus nbn™ HFC customer and fail to plug in your nbn™ equipment within 60 working, from your nbn™ equipment delivery date, your order may be cancelled automatically.
Speed & Video Quality: Many factors affect speed and video quality such as internet traffic, your line condition, your hardware and software, the data source or destination, your location and the number of simultaneous video streams or other downloads you have running over your connection.
Optus supplied modems
The Optus supplied modem that you will receive will depend on the Home Internet plan you select.
Your Optus supplied modem must only be used at your home broadband service address.
You must ensure your Optus supplied modem remains connected to your fixed line (for example, via the nbn™ network terminating device) and you must not otherwise knowingly or recklessly interfere with your Optus supplied modem or home wiring in a way that may disable your fixed line home internet or phone service.
Each Optus supplied modem will have different functionality and features.
Asus Gaming Modem
- If Optus provides an Asus Gaming Modem along with your plan on a Device Payment Plan, Optus will cover the cost of the modem if you remain connected for 36 months.
- You may also have the option to purchase the Asus Gaming modem to use with an existing eligible Optus Fixed internet plan, in which case you can pay for the device outright (we’ll charge you on your next bill) or you can pay in monthly installations on a POT Device Payment Plan (DPP) over a term of 12, 24 or 36 months (as selected by you). There is no monthly credit or subsidy applicable to the Asus Gaming modem when purchased this way. You must remain on an eligible Optus fixed Internet plan. If you cancel your eligible service or plan during the term of the POT DPP, then the DPP will be cancelled and you will need to pay out the full remaining cost of the Asus Gaming modem.
- For Internet Gamer Plans customers: A Phone Service is not supported with the Optus Internet Gamer and Internet Gamer Fast Plans, which means you won’t be able to have a fixed line home phone service that you can use to make or receive calls or contact emergency services like 000
- For customers who purchase the Asus Gaming modem to use with an existing eligible Optus Fixed internet plan: If you have a phone line with your existing eligible Optus Fixed internet plan and are using the Asus Gaming Modem, you may not have access to your voice service. This means that you may not be able to use it to make or receive calls or contact emergency services like 000. Given this, you will need to consider choosing between your existing phone plan and purchasing and using the Asus Gaming modem.
- The 4G backup service that’s provided via the Ultra WiFi modem is not available with the Optus Gamer Plan.
- Optus Pause, Optus WiFi Secure and Optus WiFi Booster are currently not compatible with and will not work with the Asus Gaming Modem.
- Connecting other router devices (excluding any NBN™ equipment) behind or in front of the ASUS gaming router may have a negative impact on performance.
Optus Ultra WiFi Modem
- If Optus provides an Optus Ultra WiFi Modem with your plan on a Device Payment Plan, Optus will cover the cost of the modem if you remain connected for 36 months.
- The SIM supplied with the modem provides 4G Mobile Backup and must not be removed. The SIM will not work in any other device.
4G Mobile Backup
- Optus 4G mobile backup is a complimentary service that provides an interim broadband service using the Optus 4G plus network in Optus 4G Coverage Areas only (4G backup service). It is only available using an Optus Ultra WiFi Modem with an Optus SIM on our network.
- The 4G backup service is available for use from when you receive your Optus Ultra WiFi Modem until your nbn™ service is fully activated. The Optus 4G backup will also provide an interim broadband service during service faults.
- The 4G backup service from the Optus Ultra WiFi Modem requires Optus 4G coverage. 4G backup speeds may vary and are limited to 25/2 Mbps.
Service Limitations: Some services or service features may not work while the Optus Ultra WiFi Modem is using the mobile backup pathway. This includes but is not limited to (as applicable) the voice service, static IP and any speed upgrade on your home / small business broadband service. While using the 4G backup pathway on your Optus Ultra WiFi Modem, Fetch will be supported on a best effort basis. The 4G backup service is limited to 30 consecutive days unless you contact Optus with a problem. If you don’t contact us, Optus may suspend the 4G backup service until the fixed connection is online
Data usage and speed: There are no data limits for the interim 4G backup service. The speed of the 4G backup pathway has been limited to a maximum line speed of 25 Mbps for downloads and 2 Mbps for uploads. Speeds are variable on the Optus 4G mobile network and will depend on a number of factors including congestion, location of the modem, local conditions, hardware, software and general internet traffic.
- Fair go policy applies.
Optus Ultra WiFi Booster
- If Optus provides an Optus Ultra WiFi Booster with your plan, Optus will cover the cost of that first Booster if you remain connected for 36 months.
- You may also have the option to purchase Optus Ultra WiFi Boosters separately to use with an existing eligible Optus Fixed internet plan or additional to any you already have (within a specified limit), in which case you can pay for the device outright (we’ll charge you on your next bill) or you can pay in monthly installations on a POT Device Payment Plan over a term of 12, 24 or 36 months (as selected by you). There is no monthly credit or subsidy applicable to Boosters purchased this way.
- You must use the compatible Optus supplied modem (currently the Sagemcom 5366 TN modem and or Optus Ultra WiFi modem) with the Optus Ultra WiFi Booster for it to work properly.
- The Optus Ultra WiFi Booster will support up to 200 connected devices.
- Fetch use requires an active fixed broadband internet connection with a download speed of at least 3.5 Mbps, and a widescreen format TV. To receive free-to-air TV service an external antenna connection is required. Fetch is for personal viewing in Australia only and must not be used for commercial use. For more information, see Optus.com.au/fetch.
- If you are purchasing an Optus broadband service and a Fetch service, your modem and set top box may be delivered separately.
- Fetch set top box: Optus owns the Fetch set top box, and you must return it following cancellation, replacement or upgrade of the service. Fees apply for set top boxes not returned within 30 days of cancellation (non return fee) or damage to the set top box.
- Fetch Multiroom: Available to new or existing Fixed broadband or Postpaid Mobile customers on selected plans in selected homes only. Maximum three Fetch STBs per household. Content quality can be affected by equipment content location and broadband network congestion.
- Data usage: downloads, and uploads associated with software updates, applications, games or the downloading of content via Free-To-Air catch up services and YouTube will not be zero-rated. This may result in your broadband service being throttled if you are very close to your data limit (if applicable). If you connect your Fetch set-top box to any other broadband service apart from an Optus fixed broadband service, all data usage will be charged, and those charges will depend on your broadband service provider and plan.
- Fetch Channels: All channel packs are month to month and can be added or removed via the Fetch set top box. Billing for channels is charged in advance for 1 month. There are no refunds if cancelling or changing within a billing period. Access remains active for deselected channel packs until end of billing period.
Fetch Content: Buying content gives you a non-transferable right to use that content, provided you maintain your Fetch service. If you cancel your Fetch service with Optus, you will lose any purchased content.
Other Inclusions and optional add ons
Calling bolt ons and speed: Calling bolt ons and speed packs are month to month and can be changed at any time. Changes to service will take place 24-48 hours after the change is requested. Charges for the bolt-on will be pro-rated so customers will only be charged until the date it is cancelled and they may receive a prorated credit for any amounts paid in advance.
Game Path: Only available to new and existing eligible Optus NBN™ customers. Not available on mobiles. Requires Optus MyAccount login to use. Free trial is valid for one month and limited to one trial per account. Game Path™ is a PC only product and requires Windows 10. Your PC must meet the minimum specifications set out optus.com.au/gamepathsupport to function as intended. You will need download the GAME PATH™ PC client. Optus will use the fastest route available, however it may not always have a latency benefit. Latency will depend on various factors such as: games played, equipment used, and network factors. Supported games are operated by third parties and therefore may change over time. Optus is not responsible for any in-game purchases or charges incurred as a result of games played using Game Path™. Ownership of all game trademarks, service marks, trade names, product names, and logos appearing throughout the Game Path™ application and advertising materials is reserved. For full terms and conditions, including cancellation and One Month Free Trial terms, see ‘Appendix GG - Game Path’ at optus.com.au/about/legal/standard-forms-agreement/appendices.
WiFi Secure: Optus WiFi SecureTM is available to eligible new and existing Optus customers on selected nbn™ plans. The service is available on a month-to-month subscription basis, as an add-on or as an automatic inclusion with an eligible nbn™ Home Internet plan. You may remove or add it as you wish. Optus WiFi SecureTM will only work if you have a compatible Optus supplied modem. You must always use the compatible modem we provide to you to ensure that the service continues to work. If your Optus nbn™ service is cancelled or your WiFi Secure service is removed, your right to access the subscription will end. For full terms and conditions, including cancellation terms, see ‘Appendix GG1 – WiFi Secure’ at https://www.optus.com.au/about/legal/standard-forms-agreement/appendices.
Optus Sport: Optus Sport is for personal viewing in Australia only. Content and features vary by device and are subject to change without notice. Sport coverage is available as long as Optus has the rights. Optus Sport is a month-to-month subscription, which will continue until you cancel your subscription, or you move to an ineligible plan or we cancel your subscription. Billing for Optus Sport is charged in advance for 1 month. There are no refunds if cancelling or changing within a billing period. Access remains active for the cancelled service until the end of the billing period. Where your plan includes Optus Sport at no additional cost, your bill will show a $14.99 charge each month and a corresponding credit. We may cancel or withdraw Optus Sport at any time, in which case we will provide you with 21 days’ notice. If we withdraw Optus Sport, you will not continue to be charged for the Service. See the Optus Sport site for full T&Cs.
Optus Pause: Available to Optus consumer and Business (exc TechFund) customers with an eligible mobile, home internet and/or nbn™ service (up to max. of 30 Optus services) and eligible device (note: Optus Pause does not currently work with the Asus Gaming modem). Enabling Optus Pause will disable access to data (via mobile and/or WiFi) to the selected Optus services and devices for the chosen period. Use of standard calls and SMS on the selected Optus services will not be affected. Customers must use an internet connection and be verified as the account holder to enable or disable Optus Pause. Optus Pause is an optional extra available at no additional cost and does not form part of a plan. Activating Optus Pause will also disable access to roaming data on the services impacted. Usual charges will continue to apply when Optus Pause is enabled. Access to Optus Pause requires the latest version of My Optus app. Optus Pause may be withdrawn without notice. See: https://www.optus.com.au/customer-extras/optus-pause more info and further T&Cs.
Netflix is a trademark of Netflix, Inc. *Netflix streaming subscription required. More information at netflix.com.
Stan is provided by Stan Entertainment Pty Ltd. Stan streaming subscription required. More information at stan.com.au.
YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
nbn™, nbn™ co and other nbn™ logos and brands are trademarks of nbn™ co limited and used under licence.
Standard Introductory offer
$10 off eligible Optus Internet Plans for 6 months: Customers who sign up, recontract or change plans to an eligible Optus Internet plan, will receive $10 off their plan access fee per month for the first 6 months and then pay the standard in-market plan fee thereafter. Available to Consumer and Business customers with a valid ABN/ACN only. Not available with any other offer unless specified. Discount is forfeited if customer recontracts, change or cancels their nbn™ plan.
Game Path Offer
$0 Game path for 3 months on $99 Optus Internet Gamer Fast plans: Customers who sign up, or recontract to a new Internet Gamer or Internet Gamer Fast plan will be able to add on Game Path for $0 for the first 3 months, after which it will automatically revert to the standard in-market monthly fee (currently $10/mth) until cancelled. Discount available one time only per customer account. Consumer and Business customers with a valid ABN/ACN only. Offer will cease to apply if you recontract, change or cancel your plan. Not available with any other offer, unless specified.
Black Friday Offer
Save $120 on selected nbn Internet plans over 6 mths: Available to new and existing customers who sign up, migrate, recontract or rate plan change to an Optus nbn fast plan. Consumer and Business customers with a valid ABN/ACN (limited to a maximum of 5 services) only. Not available with any other offer unless specified. Discount is forfeited if the customer recontacts, changes, or cancels their Optus Internet plan. For selected plans, the $120 savings comprises the Introductory Offer of $10/mth off, plus an extra $10/mth off - for first 6mths. All discounts will cease to apply after 6 months and pricing will revert to standard plan fees. Offer valid from 22 November 2021 and ends on 12 December 2021.