Get connected to your new broadband plan with Belong, Optus, MyRepublic or TPG through Compare Broadband and go in the running to win $1,000.
Get connected to a new electricity, gas, or energy bundle through one of our partners and receive a further entry into the draw.
Leave a review on our Trustpilot account and receive a further entry into the draw.
Terms & Conditions
- Acceptance of Terms and Conditions: Instructions and information on how to enter the promotion form part of these terms and conditions, and entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Promoter: The promoter is Value Comparisons Australia Pty Ltd ABN 90 137 786 979 of 1/14 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda, Victoria.
- Promotion Period: The promotion will be run in monthly intervals and is open from 9.00am the first day of each month until 11.59pm on the last day of each month.
- Eligibility: Entry to the Promotion is free when you are connected to a Valid Internet Service Providers plan having purchased the plan by clicking on a Valid Link via the Promoters website, email or the Promoters Compare Broadband call centre. Entries will be included in the draw following notification by the Internet Service Provider to the Promoter of successful service connection. Entry is open to residents of Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory who are 18 years of age or older.
The following people are not eligible to win any prizes resulting from this promotion:
- directors, managers, agents and employees of the Promoter and their immediate families;
- directors, managers or employees of agencies associated with the promotion;
- How to Enter: In order to constitute a valid entry into the Competition, entrants must sign up to their new broadband connection or energy connection either through the Promoters Compare Broadband call centre or via a valid link provided by the Promoter connecting the entrant to a Valid Internet Service Provider’s website. Entry into the competition is only valid in the month that the Internet Service Provider or Energy Provider has confirmed the connection with the Promoter.
- Valid Internet Service Providers: Belong, Optus, MyRepublic and TPG
- Valid Link: A link on the Promoters website or contained in an email from the Promoter saying "Sign Up Online"
- Prizes: The prize for the promotion is a $1,000 cheque or direct deposit into the prize winner’s Australian bank account.
- Conduct of the draw: The winning entry will be drawn randomly by the 28th of each month (or the following business day if it falls on a weekend or public holiday) at the Value Comparisons Australia Pty Ltd head office at 11am AEST.
- The prize winner: will be notified by email or telephone and their name will be published on the Compare Broadband website. The Promoter’s decision is final and conclusive. If the first drawn entry is unclaimed within 30 days or invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to have a further draw.
- Delivery of Prizes: You will be required to provide your online banking details so we can transfer you the prize money directly. This transfer will occur within 7 days of you providing these details.
- No right to transfer prize: The right to a prize is not transferable or assignable to another person or entity.
- Validity of entries: If this Competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- Changes to terms and conditions: If the Promoter reasonably considers that a change to these terms and conditions is likely to: (a) benefit entrants; or (b) be of no or immaterial detriment to entrants, then the Promoter can make the change immediately and does not need to notify entrants. Alternatively, the Promoter may vary these terms and conditions by placing a notification at all places where these terms and conditions are made available to entrants.
- Liability: No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer system, software or Internet difficulties, including any damage to an entrant's computer, resulting from participation in the promotion. Any cost associated with accessing or submitting an entry are the entrant's responsibility.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in relation to the promotion or a prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Privacy: By participating in the promotion, an entrant authorises the Promoter and contractors and agents of the Promoter to access, collect and use the personal information collected about the entrant, and disclose personal information about the entrant to the Promoter, Gaming and State regulators, for the purposes of conducting this promotion only. The winner’s name will be displayed on the Promoter’s website and place of business.
- The Promoter has obtained the following permit for the promotion: NSW Permit No. LTMP-17-01466