Compare TPG Internet Plans & NBN Deals
TPG is one of the largest internet service providers in Australia, with a history stretching back to 1986. They were named to have the Fastest Download Speeds by the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) in 2019. Today, TPG is one of the few internet providers that offer NBN plans with speeds 12Mbps to 250Mbps.Сall centre is closed Request a callback
See how TPG stacks up against other providers
TPG Internet Plans
TPG has been kicking around since as early as 1986. Back then, they were known as Total Peripherals Group, a company that sold computers; but after the advent of home broadband, it wasn't long before TPG expanded out and began providing internet services to Australian homes.
Since those early days, they have acquired internet service providers such as AAPT (in 2013) and iiNet (in 2015). TPG has also announced their intentions to merge with Vodaphone Hutchison Australia, though these negotiations have not been finalised at the time of writing.
TPG always have an eye on keeping their punters happy. Besides their award-winning customer service, TPG internet plans also offer great flexibility. For instance, if you're on one of the TPG internet plans and the speed isn't suiting your specific needs, you can change to a higher or lower speed NBN plan without any change fee. In addition to this, TPG's NBN Bundles include a dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi modem, which provides amazing Wi-Fi speed and coverage.
You have an array of choices with TPG internet plans. This internet service provider offers the Standard (NBN12), the Fast (NBN50), and the Superfast (NBN100) tiers, mostly with unlimited data. You can choose any one of these with no lock-ins or opt for the 18-month contract, which means you won't be charged a set up fee.
On top of that, you can get these NBN Broadband plans also come bundled with a pay-as-you-go phone service, which means you still have the option of using a home phone if prefer to keep your phone calls traditional. For an additional $10 a month, you can access unlimited local, international, or mobile calls.
TPG NBN Plans
In 2019, the ACCC (Australian Competition & Consumer Commission) announced TPG as having the fastest NBN speed in Australia. After the ACCC commissioned Measuring Broadband Australia (MBA) to conduct extensive tests to determine the performance quality of Australian broadband speeds, it was determined that TPG was the fastest (at the time of writing) among the tested internet providers.
The performance speeds of Australia's major internet providers were analysed using data compiled from over a thousand volunteers who were using a wide variety of technologies and internet service providers. The results showed that TPG consistently delivered the most reliable NBN speeds on average.
TPG NBN Speeds
TPG Broadband is one of the most popular choices for NBN internet plans, and for a good reason - they offer some of the fastest speeds around! Check out our table below to see what TPG has to offer.
|NBN Speed Tier||Typical Evening Speed||How to Use this Speed|
|Basic (NBN12)||12Mbps download||For basic internet use such as web browsing and email.|
|Standard (NBN25)||25Mbps download||For small households and those with light entertainment needs.|
|Standard Plus (NBN50)||50Mbps download||Recommended for quality streaming or households with multiple devices/users.|
|Premium (NBN100)||90Mbps download||Ideal for entertainment lovers and online gamers.|
- TPG NBN 12 Plans: For light users who just need the internet for emails and social media, the basic NBN plan is perfect for you. With typical evening speeds of up to 12Mbps, you'll be able to do what you need without any fuss.
- TPG NBN 25 Plans: If you're a bit more of a power user and need a little more speed, then the NBN 25 plan is perfect for you. With typical evening speeds of up to 25Mbps, you'll be able to stream HD video and play online games easily.
- TPG NBN 50 Plans: For the average Australian home, the NBN50 plan is perfect. You'll be able to do everything you need, from streaming movies and TV shows to playing online games and working from home.
- TPG NBN 100 Plans: If you're a heavy user who needs the fastest speeds possible, then the TPG NBN 100 plan is perfect for you. With typical evening speeds of up to 100Mbps, you'll be able to do things like 4K streaming and online gaming with no problems at all.
- TPG NBN 200 Home Superfast Plans: You'll want the TPG NBN 200 Home Superfast plan if you want the maximum currently available NBN speeds. With speeds up to 200Mbps, you'll be able to stream 4K content and play online games without a problem.
- TPG NBN 250 Home Ultrafast Plans: If you're looking to push the limits of your internet connection, the NBN 250 plan is perfect for you. With speeds of up to 250Mbps, you'll be able to easily do things like 4K streaming, online gaming, and working from home. This is the maximum speed TPG NBN plan.
TPG 5G Home Broadband
TPG is one internet provider that also offers 5G home broadband connection for those who want a fast internet alternative to the NBN. With speeds of up to 100Mbps, you'll be able to easily do things like 4K streaming, online gaming, and working from home.
There are two types of TPG 5G Home Broadband plans, 50Mbps and 100Mbps, which are priced at $59.99/month and $64.99/month. It comes with an easy-to-set-up Premium WiFi Modem included with the latest tech like Wi-Fi 6 for the best in-home WiFi.
The good news is that you don't need a technician to set up your home wireless modem.
TPG Home Wireless Broadband
Apart from fixed-line connections, TPG internal plans offer a fixed wireless option that is designed to connect your home in just a few quick steps. This plan comes with a typical evening speed of up to 20Mbps maximum off-peak speed, which is suitable for browsing, emails, social media, streaming music, SD and HD video.
TPG Home Wireless Broadband provides internet, phone and TV services for $54.99/mth with no activation or delivery costs. This internet service provider will refund your 1st month's plan charge to you as a bonus.
TPG fixed wireless plans come with a dual-band AC Wireless tech modem for great in-home WiFi. Once your internet is set up, simply connect your modem and go online.
TPG Fibre to the Building
TPG Fibre to the Building (FTTB) is a high-speed broadband service delivered using our the company's own fibre optic network. TPG NBN fibre to the building has been installed in many metro apartment buildings in Australia, enabling Ultrafast typical evening speed of 90Mbps.
FTTB is a type of fibre optic internet connection that delivers high-speed internet directly to your building. According to the National Broadband Network (NBN), FTTB is one of Australia's fastest and most reliable internet connections.
TPG offers fibre to the building plans are currently available at two speeds: 90Mbps and 50Mbps. Both come with unlimited data, WiFi modem and no lock-in contract. This plan is perfect for renters looking for a fast, flexible, reliable internet connection with no lock-in contracts for their new home.
Please check your address in our search engine tool above to see if your building is eligible for TPG FTTB.
Compare Plans with Compare Broadband
When it comes down to it, a TPG NBN plan will exceed your expectations. Their NBN plans are designed to deliver maximum speed unfailingly. So, if you're looking for an NBN plan that will give you the best possible speeds, then a TPG internet plan is the way to go.
Additionally, a TPG NBN plan comes with unlimited data, so you'll never have to worry about going over your monthly allowance. And, if you're looking for a no-contract option, TPG also offers month-to-month plans with no lock-in contract. So, if you're unhappy with your service, you can always cancel without penalty.
If you need help deciding which broadband plan is best for you, Compare Broadband can assist. We have a range of different internet plans from Australia's major internet providers, including TPG NBN plans, so you're sure to find one that suits your needs.
Simply enter your address into our search engine, and we'll show you all available internet plans in your area. You can then compare plans side-by-side to find the perfect one for you. And, if you need any help, our team of broadband experts are always on hand to assist.
So, what are you waiting for? Start comparing NBN broadband plans today!
Why Choose TPG Internet?
Here below are four very good reasons why you should be choosing TPG Internet Plans over the others:
- Known to be one of the leading fixed broadband providers in Australia, TPG owns a wide-ranging and exceedingly valuable on-net infrastructure which means to say that the telco is able to offer products supported by first-class fibre and next generation networks. Wouldn’t you be proud to become a TPG subscriber with such an awesome reputation?
- TPG’s range of fast, reliable and effective communication services is so diverse that they are able to reach out to all residential users, government, large corporate enterprises, wholesale customers as well as small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- With TPG, you have all these tempting services and products to choose from – nationwide NBN, unlimited ADSL2+, telephony services, SIM Only Mobile plans, Fibre Optic Internet and Ethernet broadband access plus a lot more business working solutions.
- Of all the NBN providers, TPG was recognised by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to have the fastest download speeds in the year 2019.
What are the different types of TPG internet plans?
TPG offers various plans that provide excellent value for money with, of course, outstanding service. Among these are the Superfast and Ultrafast Plans and the Budget Plans as well, three of the best and most popular TPG products.
The good thing is, their 6-months contract has zero setup fee and comes with a modem. On the other hand, their no lock-in contract also comes with a modem and a $99.95 setup fee.
There are more various unlimited nbn plans with TPG that promise you ‘no more worrying about download limits and start doing everything you want on the Internet.’ Check out their NBN 50 and NBN 100 plans and be amazed by those unbelievable speeds!
How to switch to TPG NBN?
If you’re currently having your old ADSL network, you are given 18 months to switch to TPG NBN if and when the NBN has rolled out in your location. Sadly, such a move is considered inevitable since the old copper lines are going to be decommissioned soon and therefore, everybody is going to move over. Here below are the steps when switching to TPG NBN.
- Go to the TP homepage https://www.tpg.com.au/home/myaccount and log in to ‘My Account’.
- Look for ‘NBN Account Management’ and then click ‘Change Your Plan’.
- Re-enter your TPG username (or Customer ID) and password. Click ‘Next’.
- Choose the box that says ‘I want to change my NBN plan’. Click ‘Next’.
Just follow the steps and that will lead you to the completion of your change of plan.
How fast are TPG NBN plans?
To prove that TPG is the No. 1 when it comes to the fastest NBN plans, a report in the middle of this year (April 2021) says that TPG has unseated Optus in its 5-time lead in the speed race knowing that TPG has achieved 99.5 percent of maximum plan speeds during peak hours. Their NBN 50 plans with typical evening speeds of 50Mbps and unlimited data cost $69.99/mth only, $0 set up fee and no lock-in contract.