Optus 5G Internet Enterainer Broadband Bundle Plan
|Broadband type||Home Wireless|
|Data amount per month||Unlimited|
|Total monthly cost||$90.00|
|Modem Delivery Fee:||$0.00|
|Contract length||24 Months|
|Costs First Year||$1080.00|
Minimum total cost
- 1 Month Free
- Typical Evening Speed: 225Mbps
- Unlimited data included
- Nokia 5G modem included
- 50Mbps Satisfaction Guarantee
- 24 Month Contract
- Fetch Mighty
- Optus Sport + OS Fitness
Offer available to credit approved customers. Available in selected areas. The Optus Fair Go Policy applies.
There are no plan cancellation fees for the month-to-month plans. If the customer is on a 24-month contract, they must pay the following cancellation fee:
- for the $75 5G Internet Everyday Plan, a maximum cancellation fee of $450; and
- for the $90 5G Internet Entertainer Plan, a maximum cancellation fee of $500,
each of which decreases on a pro-rated basis over the contract period.
Upon cancellation of any plan, whether a month-to-month or 24-month plan, you must return the Optus-supplied 5G device to us in good working order within 30 days of cancellation or you will pay a non-return fee of $330.
The 5G Internet service is only available in selected areas on the Optus 5G Network with the modem supplied by Optus. There may be technical or other reasons that affect your ability to access the service at your address. The service qualification check is an indication that you are within 5G coverage, it does not guarantee that your address is 5G serviceable. If you are unable to establish a 5G connection within the first 30 days, Optus reserves the right to:
- cancel your service contract with us; or
- offer an alternative home internet service.
We recommend that you position the modem close to a window to maximise signal strength.
The 5G Internet service must be used at the address provided during the service check. If at any time it’s detected that the Optus supplied modem has been (or is being) used at a different location other than that provided to Optus in the original service check (i.e.service address), Optus reserves the right to suspend or cancel your 5G Internet service.
5G coverage and speeds are variable on the Optus 5G Network. Your actual speed will depend on a number of factors including signal strength and proximity to the cell tower that you connect to, the presence of any obstructions between the modem and the cell tower, congestion, location and placement of the 5G modem in your house, distance from the Optus 5G tower, local conditions, hardware, software and general internet traffic.
In the event of an interruption to the Optus 5G Network service, your service may continue to operate on the Optus 4G Plus Network (if available) depending on the nature of the interruption.
The Optus 50Mbps Satisfaction Guarantee
If at any time during the term of your plan, you’re not satisfied that you are getting download speeds of at least 50Mbps, or you cannot receive a 5G signal at your service address, simply report the issue that you are having to us and we will investigate the issue and check if it’s within the terms of our 50Mbps Satisfaction Guarantee (Guarantee). If it is, we will confirm your eligibility to cancel your contract without cancellation fees under this Guarantee. You must return the Optus-supplied 5G device to us in good working order within 30 days of cancellation or you will pay a non-return fee of $330.
This Guarantee does not affect your rights under any law. Our services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
If a failure with the service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done, you are entitled to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the service.
You require the Optus-supplied 5G modem fitted with an Optus SIM to use this service. The SIM supplied with the modem must not be removed from the modem and will not work in any other device. The Optus-supplied 5G modem remains the property of Optus. You must return the Optus-supplied modem in good working order within 30 days of cancellation or you must pay a non-return fee of $330.
Minimum term and minimum total cost
New and existing customers can connect to the 5G Internet plan on a month-to-month or 24-month contract.
The minimum total cost for a month-to-month contract for the both the $75 5G Internet Everyday Plan and the $90 5G Internet Entertainer Plan is $200, when you pay by direct debit which includes a $200 start-up fee and includes the 1 month free offer.
The minimum total cost for a 24-month contract (when you pay by direct debit) is:
- $1,800 for the $75 5G Internet Everyday Plan. Save $75 off the minimum total cost with the 1 month free offer.
- $2,160 for the $90 5G Internet Entertainer Plan. Save $90 off the minimum total cost with the 1 month free offer.
Minimum term and charging commence when your service is activated. Service activation occurs when the Optus-supplied modem is delivered to your address and signed for.
Relocating to a new address
Before relocating to a new address, you must contact us to perform a service qualification check to determine if the 5G Home Broadband service is available at your new address. If your new address is not 5G serviceable, we will offer you an alternate broadband service.
If you are moving to an area where 5G Home Internet is not currently available, Optus will endeavour to provide available services within the new area and will cease providing the existing 5G Home Internet service. If you choose not to proceed with any home internet service with Optus, then you may need to pay a cancellation fee and will need to return any Optus supplied 5G devices in good working order otherwise a non-return fee may also apply.
- Fetch use requires an active fixed or 5G internet connection with a download speed of at least 3.5Mbps, and a widescreen format TV. To receive free-to-air TV service an external antenna connection is required. Fetch is for personal viewing in Australia only and must not be used for commercial use. Channels and content subject to change. For more information, see Optus.com.au/fetch.
. If you are purchasing an Optus broadband service and a Fetch service, the Optus 5G modem and set top box may be delivered separately.
- Fetch set top box (STB): Optus owns the Fetch STB, and you must return it following cancellation, replacement or upgrade of the service. Fees apply for STBs not returned within 30 days of cancellation (non-return fee) or damage to the STB.
- Fetch Multiroom: Available to new or existing active fixed or 5G Internet or Postpaid Mobile customers on selected plans in selected homes only. Maximum 3 Fetch STBs per household.
- Data usage: Downloads and uploads associated with software updates, applications, games or the downloading of content via Free-To-Air catch up services and YouTube will not be zero-rated. This may result in your broadband service being throttled if you are very close to your data limit (if applicable). If you connect your Fetch STB to any other broadband service apart from an eligible Optus Internet service, all data usage will be charged, and those charges will depend on your broadband service provider and plan.
- Fetch Channels: All Channel Packs are month to month and can be added or removed via the Fetch STB. Billing for Channel Packs is charged in advance for 1 month. There are no refunds if cancelling or changing within a billing period. Access remains active for deselected channel packs until end of billing period.
- Fetch Content: Buying content gives you a non-transferable right to use that content, provided you maintain your Fetch service. If you cancel your Fetch service with Optus, you will lose any purchased content. Content quality can be affected by equipment content location and broadband network congestion.
Optus Sport is for personal viewing in Australia only. Content and features vary by device and sport and are subject to change without notice. Sport coverage is available as long as Optus has the rights. Where your plan includes Optus Sport at no additional cost, your bill will show a $14.99 charge each month and a corresponding credit. We may cancel or withdraw Optus Sport at any time, in which case we will provide you with 21 days’ notice. See the Optus Sport site for full T&Cs.