- NBN Network Plans Compared
- Best NBN Plans for Renters
- NBN 50 Plans
There was once a time renters struggled with finding the best broadband plans because lock-in contracts were the norm. Thankfully, times have changed and renters no longer face the challenges of long contracts for Internet connections.
Contract-free plans are now the new normal, providing reliable Internet without hefty exit fees or complicated applications. Renters can now move their Internet connection with them when they have to move to a new tenancy. With the rising housing affordability crisis, Australian NBN providers have adapted to the rental boom, tailoring plans for renters.
These plans often include no lock-in contracts, easy relocation options, no setup fees, and the choice of phone line rental. With numerous NBN providers, finding the best broadband plans for renters can be overwhelming, however. Let’s explore the best broadband plans for renters below.
Popular NBN plans compared
The best broadband plan for renters: What to consider
Like water and electricity, the Internet has become an essential utility that one should factor into the cost of renting. It is particularly true in today’s situation when most of us are working and studying from home.
While cheap rates are a plus, there are a few other things to look out for in an NBN plan:
- Area availability: Opt for a provider with NBN plans available in your area to ensure optimal speeds and connectivity.
- Flexible contracts: If unsure about your living situation, explore providers offering short-term or no lock-in contracts, especially beneficial for renters.
- Set-up fee considerations: Look for providers with minimal or zero set-up fees. Some may even offer discounts for long-term contracts.
- Hassle-free application: Streamline the process by choosing a provider that ensures a hassle-free application and installation experience.
- Relocation convenience: For renters who may move frequently, prioritise providers with easy relocation options, allowing you to seamlessly transfer your NBN plan to a new location without complications.
- Modem: Most renters will need to bring their own modem from house to house, but once you buy it it’s yours to keep.
Get connected with Compare Broadband
If you find a plan with three or more of these features that fits your budget and is available in your area, you've likely found the right plan for you.
With several providers offering competitive options, you may even have more than one choice. For a detailed NBN plan comparison for renters, contact our experts at 1300 106 571.