Moving to Another Apartment? Here's How to Transfer Your NBN to Your New Home
- Transferring Telstra Services
- Relocating Optus Services
- Transferring TPG Services
Moving house can be an expensive and time-consuming process. There are a lot of things to do before you move into your new home. Even after packing your boxes, hiring the truck, doing the moving, and unpacking, there is still a lot to be done. You also have to take care of utilities like water, electricity, or the Internet.
Unlike other utilities, you can transfer your Internet connection. Moving with your current Internet connection will help in saving time and money for setting up a new one.
Do you know how that is possible?
In this article, we will talk about how to transfer your NBN to your new home.
What’s in this article?
- Transferring Telstra services
- Relocating Optus services
- Transferring TPG services
- Transferring other ISP’s connection
Transferring Telstra Services
Moving out with your Telstra connection is possible, and you have several options to do this. However, moving out with your Telstra connection isn't free. You have to pay a certain amount to take the Internet connection with you.
The price of moving with your Telstra connection would cost $89 to $399. The cost may depend on the Telstra services that you have. You may pay additional fees such as the NBN New Development Fee or subsequent technician visits.
Aside from that, here are other things you should know if you decide to move out with your Telstra Internet connection:
- Do you need a new contract if you move out with the Telstra services that you have? - Telstra doesn't usually issue a contract to its subscribers, so that means you don't have to sign a new one. If you're still paying for the modem, the payments will continue.
- How long will the transfer take? - The estimated time may depend on several factors. If your new home already has an NBN connection, there will be no downtime. It's like you're moving your modem to another room. But if your new home doesn't have an NBN connection yet, transferring yours may take time. To minimise the time for being offline, consider using mobile broadband for a while. In case you're wondering what's the best mobile broadband, here's a guide on Telstra 5G plans.
Relocating Optus Services
Moving home with your Optus services is quite easy. With Optus, you can send a Relocating request online. After sending a request on their online portal, you should hear about the next steps within five business days.
Unlike other ISPs or Internet service providers, Optus won't charge you a fee for a standard relocation. However, expect that there would be additional fees if there are complex or new service installs. You would pay $140 for a professional NBN installation. In this type of NBN installation, an Optus technician will go to your premises to connect your Optus modem to the NBN connection box. The technician will also connect your phone sockets and your PC to the Optus modem.
Furthermore, here are the frequently asked questions about Optus relocation:
- Do I need a new contract if I relocate my Optus service? - No, you don't need to start a new contract. All of your existing contracts with the ISP will carry over. But if your new location is not serviceable, Optus will then cancel your service and waive any fees.
- How long would the transfer take? - The length of the transfer process will depend on several factors. For example, let's assume that your new house or rented space already has an NBN connection. It's more likely that you won't have a long downtime because technicians will just plug your modem to the NBN connection box. But if your new premise is not yet using NBN, there's a big possibility that the transfer process may take days or weeks. It's best to inform Optus about the transfer so they can prepare your new location immediately.
Transferring TPG Services
If TPG provides your Internet connection, it's best to switch to a new ISP. The reason for this is because transferring TPG services is quite complicated.
Unlike other ISPs, it is impossible to transfer your TPG connection within a day. The length of the transfer process will depend on several factors like the type of broadband connection you are moving to and whether you are under contract or not.
Most asked questions for relocating TPG connections:
- Do I need to have a new contract for relocating my TPG connection? - The answer depends on your current plan. If you're on an Internet plan that is still available, there's no need to start a new contract. But if your existing Internet plan is not available anymore, you may need to start a new contract.
- How much downtime will you expect? - This depends on several factors as well. But if you inform TPG about the transfer days or weeks before your actual move date, you may encounter minimal downtime. Take note that TPG will still charge you even if you can't use their services due to the transfer process.
Transferring Other ISP's Connection
If you have an Internet plan from Aussie Broadband or other ISPs, the process is almost similar. You need to inform the ISP about the transfer and pay the necessary fees if there's any.
Also, the length of the transferring process will depend on several factors. If your new location already has an NBN connection, it's more likely that you won't have a long downtime. But if your location is not yet connected, expect that you would have an extended downtime.
To avoid or temporarily resolve your downtime problems during the transfer process, consider availing a mobile broadband plan. There are many reliable broadband plans out there, and you just have to pick the right one that suits your budget or situation. To help you with that, take a look at this guide to learn how to find the perfect mobile broadband plans based on your needs and budget.
The process of moving your NBN to your new home depends on certain factors, such as the availability of NBN in the area and required additional installs among others. No matter which NBN provider you are subscribed to at the moment, the process is somewhat similar and it takes time.
Let’s expedite the process! Call Compare Broadband at 1300 106 571 so we can help you transfer your NBN connection to your new home as quickly as possible. We can also recommend the best options we know to suit your needs. Find out whether transferring your existing plan is more practical than switching to a better NBN plan, which at times can be installed through a much easier process.
Your time is precious to us. Rest assured we will never waste it.
You may also check and compare the available NBN plans in your new location here.