- Telstra is home to a wide variety of NBN bundles for customers to choose from
- Belong NBN Broadband is another fantastic option which offers both lock in and month to month services to all users.
- Belong is a highly affordable service for those who are on a budget or are not looking to splash out extravagant amounts for an NBN connection.
Welcome to this week’s NBN Plan comparison! This time around, we will be looking into plans provided by both Telstra NBN and Belong NBN. Although Belong is a sector that was launched by Telstra itself, both brands offer users different services, plans, and pricing points. In this article, we will look at what each brand offers to its users, in a bid to assist you in picking the best NBN plan that suits both you and your family’s needs the best. Read on to find out more!
Telstra is home to a wide variety of NBN bundles for customers to choose from, but currently, all of their plans offer unlimited data.
Available Internet Plans
Telstra offers the Basic II speed tier plans up to the UltraFast speed tier, all with unlimited data and a no-contract term option. Just keep in mind that you may need to pay for a prorated modem fee if you leave within the first 24 months that you have subscribed to one of their plans. The fee is equivalent to $9 times the number of months remaining in the two-year term. If you have taken out any additional features in your plan, such as a Telstra TV, you may need to pay for their remaining value.
Additionally, if you are interested in the plans under the SuperFast and UltraFast speed tiers, you need to have an FTTC or HFC NBN connection. Even so, only roughly 60% of those with an HFC NBN connection will be able to acquire an NBN 1000 plan.
- NBN 25 - Standard Speed + Unlimited Data, $80/month, typical evening speed 25Mbps
- NBN 50 - Standard Plus Speed + Unlimited Data, $95/month, typical evening speed 50Mbps
- NBN 100 - Premium Speed + Unlimited Data, $110/month, typical evening speed 100Mbps
- NBN 250 - Superfast Speed + Unlimited Data, $140/month, typical evening speed 250Mbps
- NBN 1000 - Ultrafast Speed + Unlimited Data, $180/month, typical evening speed 700Mbps
One of the downsides? Telstra tends to be on the pricier side in the NBN game, which may be an issue to those on a tight budget or those who simply do not want to splash out too much on an NBN connection. However, without a doubt, Telstra is one of the most dependable ISPs and will provide you with consistently fast and efficient NBN services.
Belong NBN Broadband is another fantastic option that offers month-to-month services to all users. This option makes it simple for users who may not be permanently grounded in one location or are simply not looking to be tied into a lock-in contract. The best part is that all Belong plans currently offer subscribers unlimited data usage.
Available Internet Plans
Belong offers NBN plans in the Basic II, Standard, and Fast speed tiers with unlimited data. However, the latter is only for subscribers backed up by an FTTC, HFC, or FTTC connection. Below are some of the available plans for Belong:
- NBN 25 - NBN Starter – Unlimited, $60/month, typical evening speed 25Mbps
- NBN 50 - NBN Standard Plus – Unlimited, $65/month, typical evening speed 48Mbps
- NBN 100 - NBN Premium – Unlimited, $85/month, typical evening speed 95Mbps
So, what about the downsides? You may need to pay $60 upfront if you need to have a new modem. Nevertheless, this is currently waived for new Belong customers. Overall, Belong is a highly affordable service for those on a budget or are not looking to splash out extravagant amounts for an NBN connection.
Got more questions? Do not hesitate to call us today to find out more about both Telstra and Belong NBN plans.